Thursday, June 22, 2006

What's your net worth?

I was desperately looking for the name of the woman who started the Jimmy Choo luxe shoe business yesterday and so went online to hunt for the elusive name. After a few seconds, Google Search not only spewed out the name (Tamara Mellon), but also this interesting story: Bloggers open up about money matters.

Read the story here.

I love stories and books about financial planning, personal finance, and anything that teaches me how to up my financial intelligence quotient. I devour these kinds of reading matter. I get excited reading about the ways of the frugal millionaire next door and want desperately to be money savvy like them so I can hope to retire early.

But of course, reading about being frugal and actually living like that everyday is not for the weak. And anyway, I don't want to be frugal to the point of excluding all of life's little pleasures, like holidays, the occasional expensive latte, or a lunch or dinner at a nicer place with loved ones or friends during weekends. A balance must be struck, right?

Will write more on this in another post. For now, check out this Net Worth Calculator I found in the course of looking for Ms Mellon's name. This one's real easy to use, with the accounting terms decoded into language we lay people understand. Check it out and see where you stand financially at this point.
Photo credit: designershoes-uk.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very helpful. Thanks for the link Joanne - Ajay