Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Bye, bye bag


I got my new weekend bag last week but I had to promptly send it back after two nights of mulling if it was a keeper or not.

It looked really nice and all the girlfriends who saw it said it was a head turner. It was roomy too and could fit a small elephant into it. But try as I might, i didn't like the way the bag stiffly held its U shape even when I filled it with my everyday bag stuff. I would have preferred it if the canvas was softer so it would just sort of collapse into a comfortable lump swinging by my side instead of it standing proud and U-shaped.

Also, the material, which was white canvas interweaved with a matted gold thread, rubbed not so nicely on the skin. All told, it didn't feel right on me.

And so, the bag's snaking it way back to the US as I write this. Boohoo.

But I have to commend Hayden-Harnett for their excellent customer service. When I wrote to say I would be returning the bag, I got this email from them:

----------
Hi, Joanne-

So sorry the MOSA didn’t work out for you! Of course, you can return the bag, no problem.

Just a suggestion, but we do have another style, the MALIA, that is a very soft city basket with woven trim...these
Are also a limited edition of 50! Anthropologie just bought them from us for their catalog/website....very cool bag and I think the
Strap, fabric, etc. would work really well for you this summer.

If you are interested in the exchange, then please let me know and I’ll hold a bag for you...maybe I can throw in a handful of goodies for
you also :)

Best,
Toni

----------

Now THAT is great service, huh?!

For that alone, I will continue to look through Hayden-Harnett's bags for a possible replacement to my Mosa. (I don't like the Malia bag they recommended. It is too tribal for my taste, not to mention that I think I can get something similar in Manila for much much less.) AND recommend the site to other girlfriends.

As for me, it's back to oogling weekend bags!

No comments: