Thursday, June 8, 2006

The exodus continues

I received word from my good friend Sandra early this week that a fervent prayer of hers had been answered. She's off to Medan, Indonesia, at the end of this month to start work as a grade school teacher in an international school there.

I'm very happy for her but sad too for purely selfish lessons. She's one of my close friends from uni who I always look forward to catching up with whenever I go to Manila. With her in Indonesia for at least 2 years, well, that's one less friend to go home to.

But I really am so happy for her. Really! She's wanted to have her own adventure abroad for quite a time now and finally, it beckons! The perfect time and perfect opportunity has come!

Those Grade 1 kids in the Medan I.S. are sure lucky! Their teacher is going to be one funny, selfless, dedicated, intelligent woman. What's more, they can expect their English and Math foundation to be sound cos my friend has grammar and math whiz combined. And I'm sure I can't emphasized enough how important that is.

Have a great adventure, Sands! I will wait for your visits here in Sing.

While on the topic, two more good friends have also set their minds on leaving Manila and making their way to the US.

K is already in the West Coast sussing out the area while A is getting ready to quit her post early next year to start a new life in the US of A.

Just like Sandra, these two single, beautiful career women in their early 30s are looking forward to a new chapter in their lives. And for them, the world beckons too.

The exodus continues.

No comments: