Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Easy credit

It seems like the banks here in Singapore are going all out to sign-up new users of their credit cards. Every other week yata, I get calls from reps of different banks offering me platinum cards, or a cash line or balance transfer.
I don't know where they get my number but the calls are annoying when directed at my office number, like yesterday when StanChart called offering me a cash line and a credit card. I curtly turned down the offer, of course.

As it is, I already have 7 cards from 4 different banks and it is a pain trying to remember what card to pay when. Two cards are office-linked so I can't cut those. Three give me good deals when dining out and entertaining so I can't cut those too. And the last two are keepers in that they have the best reward programmes.

The thing about credit cards though is that you MUST pay all your bills in FULL every month or else risk digging a grave for yourself.

No comments: